This case demonstrates same day dentures, which are made in advance and immediately placed after the teeth are removed, preventing the patient from having to be without teeth during the healing process. Once the tissues shrink and heal, adjustments or replacements will have to be made.
Occasionally, it is difficult to adapt to full or partial dentures. At first they may feel loose, bulky and awkward while speaking. For a quicker adjustment period, follow these instructions:
- At first, wear your dentures all the time.
- Do not use adhesive unless Azari & Zahedi Dentistry advises you to do so.
- You should remove your dentures when you go to sleep.
- After removing dentures, clean with a toothbrush and place in a bowl of water. They can be soaked in a commercial denture cleanser, but brushing them is essential.
- Any signs of "sore spots," discomfort, or looseness that is causing you difficulty should be brought to our attention.
Never adjust the dentures yourself. Every person and every mouth is different; therefore, adjustment periods will vary.
Please remember that it will take time for you to become completely comfortable with your new teeth.
All-On-Four Denture/Dental Implants
Four dental implants (usually titanium) are surgically placed into the lower jaw bone. The denture will be attached to implants and the results are stable, natural looking, and functional!